8. Person and Community-centred Public Service Models
This reminds us of why we do what we do. Who benefits? How do we know? Who does not come, and do we know why? Could more people benefit and, if so, how can we make that happen? These are all questions that, if we can find the answers for our group, contribute to social justice.
Have your say, vote and comment on other people’s ideas in the comment section below
- 1How can we involve more people.We don't know how to do this as folk are nervous after the lock down. Can people share their easy to do ideas with us on this forum?
- 1Services being moved online to account for those excludedNeed for public bodies, moving services on line, to ensure that the issues of digital poverty are adequately addressed.
- 1IT funding for VCFSE organisations to develop their modelsNeed for IT funding for VCFSE organisations moving delivery of services to a new, long term, model. This also includes upgraded home internet packages where needed for speed purposes
- 1More space required due to social distancingNeed to recognise space requirements in delivering in new ways and in new circumstance.
- 1Digital poverty not just lack of device accessDigital poverty is lack of access to a device and also lack of adequate bandwidth within a household.